Should you invest in a Certificate of Deposit?
- Flexible terms—from 3 months to 40 months or more
- Higher rate of return than traditional savings
- Guaranteed earnings
Great choice for:
- Risk-averse or inexperienced investors
- People who want to diversify their investment portfolio
- People saving toward a long-term goal (down payment, wedding, etc.)
- Equity investments have greater earnings potential
- Risk of penalties for early withdrawal
- You’re locked in even if rates continue to rise
Look elsewhere if:
- Maximizing your return is your top priority
- You’re not sure when you’ll need access to your funds
- You don't want to miss out if interest rates continue to rise
Open a 8-month Certificate of Deposit
Ready to invest in one of the highest-earning CDs available right now? Submit the form below to get started.
* “APY” = “Annual Percentage Yield.” A minimum deposit of $5 is required. Early withdrawal before the end of the 8-month term will result in the forfeiture of all interest earned to date. The 8-Month Certificate of Deposit will automatically roll into a 12-month Certificate of Deposit at the end of the term unless otherwise specified. $5 Membership Savings deposit required to open a Certificate of Deposit account if you are not currently a Vibrant member. Member NCUA.
Frequently asked questions
You can open a CD with as little as a $5 deposit. If you are not already a Vibrant member, you will also be required to make a $5 Membership Savings deposit.
Your interest earnings are calculated and added to your account on a quarterly basis.
If you withdraw your funds before 15 months, you will forfeit all interest earned to that point.
If you have a Vibrant Certificate of Deposit that is about to mature, contact us for assistance rolling it over.
We’ll contact you when your CD is about to mature to discuss your options. Unless you specify otherwise, the 8-month CD will automatically renew as a 12-month CD with an interest rate to be determined by current rates at the rollover date.